On Wednesday, October 5, 2001, the Women Give San Diego members gathered at Barbara Bry’s beautiful home on Mount Soledad. Despite the rainy evening, we had 82 women attend the gathering.
Linda Katz opened the evening up with a history and overview of Women Give. She gave an update on our co-Founder, the Brain Warrior, “June” Tuttleman who is inspiring us all with her strength and determination.
Bunmi Esho, Membership Team Chair, was our official mistress of ceremonies and commanded the room with the tinkle of her bell. Each attendee was assigned to a small group and rotated through five stations with the help of their “shepherds”.
Three of the stations had roundtable discussions with our grantees:
The other two stations engaged attendees in discussion:
· At the membership station, Gayle and Linda informed women of the benefits of membership and how the ladies could get involved.
· At the networking station, attendees were provided an opportunity to engage and speak with other guests. There were question prompts to help the women engage in conversation with one another.
After each group rotated through the stations, Gayle Tauber wrapped up the evening with some final comments and thoughts encouraging attendees to join our incredible and dynamic members to raise the economic status of women and girls in San Diego.
If you or a friend is interested in joining, there are two ways:
1. Visit: http://www.womensfoundca.org
2. Scroll down a bit, and on the left side you will see a "Donate Now" option.
3. Select that and fill out the form accordingly.
4. Under "Special Options" in the "Special Instructions" box near the bottom, please make sure you state that this donation is for “Women Give San Diego”.
1. Fill out this gift form.
2. Send gift form and a check directly to the Women's Foundation of CA. Please write on the check memo that it's for Women Give San Diego.
3. The address is:
Women's Foundation of CA, 340 Pine Street, Suite 302, San Francisco, CA 94104